Welcome to the Arctic Abyss Poseidon Guide! Arctic Abyss Poseidon is a very strong unit in Aether Gazer. She can freeze enemies and has unique skills that provide both offense and support to her team. In this guide, we will delve into the details of Poseidon’s skills, recommended sigils, functor, teams, and aether codes.
Table of Contents
Arctic Abyss Poseidon Sigil Sets
Let’s get into two different Sigil builds for Arctic Abyss Poseidon:
Combining the Vanargand’s Seal and Jörmungandr sigil sets can be an effective DPS build for Arctic Abyss Poseidon, due to the synergy between the two sets and their individual benefits that complement her skills:
- Enhanced Ice Damage (DMG) by 10%: This directly boosts the damage output of Poseidon’s ice-based attacks, making her ice skills and abilities more potent against enemies.
- Increased Critical Damage (Crit DMG) of Ice Skills and Ultimate Skills by 20%: Critical hits deal significantly more damage than regular hits, and since Poseidon relies on ice skills, this bonus will enhance her burst damage potential.
- Additional 40% Crit DMG against Frozen enemies: Since Poseidon inflicts the Freeze status on enemies with her skills, this bonus further increases her critical damage when attacking Frozen targets, rewarding her for using her crowd control effectively.
- Chance to gain 35% of the maximum energy each time energy is consumed: This sigil provides energy regeneration, allowing Poseidon to have a more consistent and reliable energy source to cast her skills more frequently. As energy is consumed during skill usage, this set helps replenish it, enabling her to use powerful skills more often in battles.
- Increasing energy gain chance with energy consumption: With each energy consumed, the chance to gain energy increases. This means the more skills Poseidon uses, the higher the chance of gaining additional energy, promoting a faster energy generation loop that can lead to more frequent skill casts.
Combining the Iceberg and Jörmungandr sigil sets can create an effective support build for Arctic Abyss Poseidon, allowing her to provide valuable assistance to her team through crowd control and energy support:
- Ice Resistance Reduction: With the Iceberg sigil, enemies hit by Poseidon’s skills or ultimate skills have their ice resistance reduced by 10% for 8 seconds. This debuff can be a significant advantage for her team, as it makes enemies more vulnerable to ice-based attacks from Poseidon and her allies. It helps in breaking down enemy defenses and allows the team to deal more damage to ice-weak enemies during the debuff duration.
- Increased Effect on Enemies with Control Resistance: The effect of ice resistance reduction is even more pronounced against enemies with control resistance, where the debuff is increased to 18%. This makes Poseidon particularly useful against foes with strong resistance to crowd control effects. By reducing their ice resistance, she can contribute to the team’s overall crowd control capabilities and make it easier for other team members to apply crowd control effects on these resistant enemies.
- Chance to Gain Energy: The Jörmungandr sigil provides a chance for Poseidon to gain 35% of her maximum energy each time she consumes energy during skill usage. This energy regeneration aspect is valuable for a support build, as it ensures that Poseidon can maintain a steady supply of energy to use her support skills more frequently.
- Increasing Energy Gain Chance: With each energy consumed, the chance to gain energy increases by 1% for every 1 energy consumed. This feature ensures that the more skills Poseidon uses, the higher the chance of gaining additional energy, promoting a continuous energy generation loop that allows her to support her team with her skills more frequently.
Recommended Sigil Sets (DPS): Vanargand’s Seal 1,3,5 and Jörmungandr 2,4,6.
Recommended Sigil Sets (Support): Iceberg 1,3,5 and Jörmungandr 2,4,6.
Arctic Abyss Poseidon Team Formation
To maximize Poseidon’s potential, it is crucial to consider the team composition. Here are some recommended teams that synergize well with her abilities:
Team 1: Extreme CC
Team 2: Balanced Team
Arctic Abyss Poseidon Functor
The signature functor Herald – Amphitrite is an excellent choice for Arctic Abyss Poseidon due to its various benefits that enhance her damage output and effectiveness when in Edgy State:
Energy Generation: It grants 1 Energy for every 24 times Poseidon lands an attack. This energy generation effect is valuable as it helps her to accumulate energy more quickly, allowing her to use her skills more often. Given that her skills play a crucial role in her performance, having a faster energy generation rate ensures she can use her abilities frequently, contributing to her overall effectiveness in battles.
Increased Ice Damage Boost from Zero Mansard: When Poseidon is in Edgy State, the ice damage boost from her Zero Mansard skill is increased by an additional 20%. This amplification of her damage output with Zero Mansard makes her ice attacks more potent during Edgy State, allowing her to deal significant damage to enemies.
Enhanced Ice Resistance Lowering Effect of Matter Frozen: In Edgy State, the ice resistance lowering effect of Poseidon’s Matter Frozen skill on enemies hit is increased by 20%. This means that when she uses Matter Frozen, the enemies’ resistance to ice attacks is reduced even further, making them more vulnerable to ice-based damage from both Poseidon and her teammates.
Stacking Damage Increase for Zero Mansard and Matter Frozen: While in Edgy State, each time Poseidon casts Zero Mansard or Matter Frozen, the base damage of the corresponding skill is increased by 12% for 5 seconds. This effect can stack up to 5 times, potentially providing a substantial damage boost to her skills during prolonged battles.
Recommended Functor: Herald – Amphitrite
Recommended Functor (F2P): Herald – Melampus
Arctic Abyss Poseidon Aether Codes
Aether Codes are essential for enhancing Poseidon’s abilities further. There are two builds for Poseidon:
Recommended Aether Codes (Freeze Team): 3 Red Aether Codes
Recommended Aether Codes (High Damage): 3 Blue Aether Codes
Understanding Poseidon’s Skills
To make the most of Poseidon’s abilities, understanding the mechanics of her skills is crucial. Let’s explore each skill in detail:
Normal Attack: Subzero Crystal
How it works: Poseidon uses her Subzero Crystal attack to summon ice crystals that hit enemies in front of her. These crystals deal ice damage equal to 209% of her attack power.
Passive: Poseidon can collect up to 2 types of marks, namely Snowy and Icy Marks.
Energy: Poseidon gains 3 Energy every second.
Skill 1: Zero Mansard
How it works: Poseidon uses this skill to summon an ice spike and attack her target. The attack deals ice damage equal to 300% of her attack power. If you tap the skill again during its execution, it triggers an additional attack called “Additional Chant.”
Additional Chant: When triggered, the ice spike breaks into pieces and attacks again, dealing ice damage equal to 240% of her attack power. Additionally, using this ability grants Poseidon a special mark called “Snowy Mark.”
Poseidon is granted certain effects depending on the number of Snowy Marks expended to enter Edgy State:
- With 1 Snowy Mark: Poseidon’s ice damage increases by 10%, and the cooldown time of Zero Mansard is reduced by 3 seconds when she casts it.
- With 2 Snowy Marks: Poseidon’s ice damage increases by 30%, and the cooldown time of Zero Mansard is reduced by 7 seconds when she casts it.
Skill 2: Matter Frozen
How it works: Poseidon uses this skill to summon an icicle and pierce the targeted enemy. The icicle inflicts ice damage equal to 200% of Poseidon’s attack power and also freezes the hit enemies for 4 seconds. If you tap the skill again during its execution, it triggers an additional attack called “Additional Chant.”
Additional Chant: When triggered, a continuous ice blast surrounds the enemies hit, dealing ice damage equal to 239% of Poseidon’s attack power. Moreover, using this ability grants Poseidon a special mark called “Icy Mark.”
Poseidon is granted certain effects depending on the number of Icy Marks expended to enter Edgy State:
- With 1 Icy Mark: Each hit on the enemy lowers their Ice Resistance by 1% for 10 seconds, accumulating up to 20% reduction in total. Additionally, casting Matter Frozen shortens its remaining cooldown time by 4 seconds.
- With 2 Icy Marks: Each hit on the enemy lowers their Ice Resistance by 2% for 10 seconds, accumulating up to 20% reduction in total. Furthermore, casting Matter Frozen shortens its remaining cooldown time by 9 seconds.
Skill 3: Silver Snow Echo
How it works: If Poseidon uses Snow Echo after a Zero Mansard or Matter Frozen attack, she will repeat the previous skill’s attack and receive the corresponding Snowy or Icy Mark. This also triggers the corresponding Additional Chant follow-up attack. When Poseidon accumulates 2 of either Snowy or Icy Marks, Snow Echo transforms into Silver Frost.
Silver Frost: When cast, it consumes all Marks for the corresponding effects. Poseidon fires three silver frosts towards the locked-on target’s direction, dealing ice damage equal to 700% of her attack power to enemies along the way. This action resets the cooldown of Zero Mansard and Matter Frozen, and Poseidon enters Edgy State for 8 seconds.
Edgy State: While in Edgy State, Poseidon cannot use Skill 3, and she won’t receive any Snowy or Icy Marks. However, if she performs a Zero Mansard or Matter Frozen attack, it will still be followed up with the corresponding Additional Chant attack.
Ultimate Skill: Frosty Starfall
How it works: Poseidon uses her powerful move, Frosty Starfall, to summon multiple icicles that attack the locked-on enemy. These icicles deal a massive amount of ice damage equal to 840% of her attack power.
When Poseidon casts Frosty Starfall and has either Icy or Snowy Marks active, it provides benefits to all members of the team based on the number of Marks active:
- With 1 Snowy Mark: The remaining cooldown time of Skill 1 is reduced by 3 seconds for all team members.
- With 2 Snowy Marks: The remaining cooldown time of Skill 1 is reduced by 7 seconds for all team members.
- With 1 Icy Mark: The remaining cooldown time of Skill 2 is reduced by 4 seconds for all team members.
- With 2 Icy Marks: The remaining cooldown time of Skill 2 is reduced by 9 seconds for all team members.
Additionally, Poseidon gains an 8% ultimate skill charge every time she inflicts Freeze on the enemy. This effect can trigger once every 2 seconds.
Dodge Skill: Whirlwind Snow
How it works: When she uses this skill, she can swiftly dodge the enemy’s attacks, allowing her to avoid taking damage. If Poseidon performs an “Extremity Dodge,” which is a particularly skillful dodge, it triggers a special effect called the “Dodge Effect.”
Dodge Effect: When Poseidon successfully executes an Extremity Dodge, she enters a state called Zero Time. During this Zero Time, all enemy movements are significantly slowed for 3 seconds.
Arctic Abyss Poseidon is a formidable character in Aether Gazer, excelling in both DPS and Support builds. Understanding her skills, team formations, and recommended Sigil sets, Functor, and Aether Codes is crucial for harnessing her full potential on the battlefield. So, dive into the icy depths and make the most of Arctic Abyss Poseidon’s powers in your journey through the game!
- Aether Gazer Guide and Tips for Beginners
- Aether Gazer Sigil Guide
- 8 Mistakes To Avoid in Early Game in Aether Gazer
- Shinri Tsukuyomi Guide
- Living Soul Osiris Guide
- Rahu Asura Guide
- Aether Gazer Team Building Guide
- Aether Gazer M.E.O.W Guide
- Jin-ei Kuninotokotachi Guide
- Ryugiri Kagutsuchi Guide
- Waverender Skadi Guide
- Countertide Leviathan Guide
- AblaZe Tyr Guide
- Early Sakura Ookuninushi Guide